Saturday, August 28, 2010

Restoring Honor 8-28-10 by way of restoring highlights

We went to the Restoring Honor rally at the Lincoln Memorial today:) It was "a tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor."
Good times...I thought of the blog while I was there drinking it all in....exercising my constitutional rights, making a statement, making history...I was thinking of you. That's right. I was thinking of you and good thing I have mad photography skills...feast your eyes. Make a little game of figuring out which pics I took and which are from the news..

OK, I'll just say that from this pic- the sign below could be mistaken for just an "ing honor rally" (they doooo have a great automatic saving account system, and we could stand to honor that, no?) but uggh, Lulu always leaving the new digital camera at home and firing away with the iPhone. No zoom on my iPhone camera.


But seriously, it was waaaaay cool to be with so many happy, like minded, patriotic people today.
The United States of America is the BEST country in the world.

Mr. Lulu, looking like a stud, doing his part to restore honor at the rally.



"Our freedom is only possible if we remain virtuous."


Sarah Palin: "say what you want to say about me, but i raised a combat vet.
you can't take that away from me"

And I say hooah to that.


So, I ALSO had another duty today. That was to fix my terrible hair situation. A little background, I have brown hair. Nothing special so I highlight it, duh. But the highlights have been fewer and farther between since I moved so far (30 minutes) from my awesome stylist. I know you can relate. So, here's the devious part to the story and to this you may or may not relate at all...last night, for the first time in about 6 years I went to the store and bought a box of hair dye in an attempt to take care of the highlights myself. OH MY, this was a baaaaddd idea. I was like sooo light hearted and oddly super confident about doing it. But once I set the timer, got that bag on my head and it started feeling really warm I jumped up and quick washed it but ALAS it was too late. I had the tell tale ORANGE tint of the botched box hair dye. And I went to the rally in DC like a little carrot top so 100,000 perfect strangers could stare. Whoopsie!

No, the story doesn't end there.

Color correction at a new salon at 4pm. Whhhewwwwww..Deep breath out.



Remind me to not take any more "after" pictures in a bar. Bleh.

But the hair is now fabulous.








The end.

xoxo,
Lulu

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

How awesome! Wish I had been there!