Saturday, August 28, 2010

Goals of the weekend

Charlie's Weekend Goals

1.
Make fondue!
The only time I ever fondue was at my friend's birthday party in 8th grade. Considering that was MANY MOONS ago, I think it's time to give it another try. We got two fondue sets for our wedding, so Joel went out last night and got all the ingredients for us to make a fondue dinner and dessert! The idea of melting chocolate makes me really nervous (I've had a bad experience or two in the past), so hopefully this time will be successful. Truthfully Joel will probably be running the show on this one, while I sneak chocolate covered strawberries! ;) Yippee!

2.
Crate and Barrel Circuit Wall Candleholder
We bought this months ago and it's been sitting in our garage waiting to be loved.  Sitting and waiting for a few reasons. A- It's intimidating looking, and the thought of putting it together makes us want to take a nap. B- I don't know where to put it! Ideas? We have TONS of wall space, and I was thinking maybe the entry way? It's definitely a cool way to welcome guests.

3.
White Frames
Mat and frame the pics for the nursery. I'm thinking Michael's will be able to get the job done for us. I need 4 white frames with grey matting. And then I'm going to hang the pics! That's where the rubber meets the road, my friends! And TAKE PICS. I always forget to take pictures of things. (I need to have my blogging brain ready at all times!)

4.
FUNfetti, indeed!
Make funfetti cupcakes. Eat funfetti cupcakes. Everything is better when funfetti is involved!


So hopefully I'll have some fun things to report on Monday! Have a nice weekend! Fall is starting to come around, and I'm SOOO happy about it!!!! :)

-Charlie

3 comments:

Fabulously Awkward said...

Excellent weekend goals. I especially like the fondue goal. I like the idea of the candle thing in the entryway.

My goals? Pack and clean. Moving on Wednesday. (Boooo!)

Kari Beth said...

I remember when I was really pregnant going to the store one night super late because I couldn't stop thinking about funfetti cupcakes! I made 18 and I swear ate a dozen! I guess that's why I gained 50 lbs!

elijah! (aka ej) said...

omg please tell me you made funfetti so i can come over and eat one! i meannn after baking your heart away in college, i think i should get one :)

ps if you find any frames that look exactly like what you posted... tell me. they would look BALLER in my room.
xoxoxox