Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sprite + Chicken= A Crazy Crockpot Adventure!

So this morning I threw together the ingredients  to make crockpot brownsugar chicken. I'm feeling really good about this for the following reasons...

1. The blog I found the recipe on A Year of Slow Cooking is, in a word, amazing. The blogger, Stephanie, made a resolution to use her crockpot EVERYDAY in the year 2008. I can appreciate anyone who has that kinda cooking fortitude, you know? Evidently Stephanie was on to something, because now she has a best-selling book on Amazon filled with crockpot recipes, and is make loads of money off little crockpot adventures like mine. You go Glen Coco!!

2. Her kids call this dish, "candy chicken". Since I pretty much have the pallet of a 10 year-old boy, I'm definitely tracking with them.  Mac and cheese? Yes. Grilled cheese? Yes. Corndogs? Yes, and please.

3. Here is the list of ingredients:

-- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
-- 1 cup brown sugar
-- 1/4 cup of lemon-lime soda
-- 2/3 cup of vinegar
-- 3 gloves garlic, smashed
-- 2 T soy sauce
-- 1 tsp black pepper

Yes my friends, you read that correctly. LEMON-LIME SODA. SPRITE. SIERRA MIST. POUR. IT. IN. As soon as I read that, I knew I had to make this! I just enjoy the thought of people (namely Joel) being bewildered and bamboozled when I tell them they are eating Sprite covered chicken.

Given the ingredients, this dish will either be sooo delicious or sooo disgusting. I'll let you know in about 8-9 hours. All I know is anything that calls for Sprite, AND is already prepared by the time I get home from work is a FRIEND-O-MINE!


Your friend and Sprite enthusiast,

Charlie




P.S. I love how Blogger spellcheck wants to correct my use of "crockpot" to either "crock pot" or "crackpot". Crackpot is perfectly acceptable to them. Crockpot? OH, HELL NO. Way to show your little druggie hand, Blogger.

1 comment:

asian pear aka ej said...

umm i hope you use that thing! remember senior year when james the giant peach bought one and we swore to use it 3x a week? got used once. but that casserole was hella delish.

two.more.days.