Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lulu Review 9.23.2010 quick and easy

Lulu Review
S'MORES-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE- CUP CAKES:
Stars: 4 outta 4

These are WONDERFUL little desserts!!!  When I heard this recipe from Charlie, I'm gonna be honest, I was driving my car and committed it to memory. No writing it down or asking for specifics. (no distracted driving here! ha ) When I got home I was playing in by (y)ear. See the complicated ingredient list below.


Step 1: Fill muffin tin with cookie dough. Did fill some all the way, some half. Just testing things out. One quick call to Charlie to confirm I was on the right track...had I imagined the muffin tin part of the conversation? That could happen. Again, I didn't write down directions.




Step 2 & 3: Add little mini-marshmallows and  graham crackers. Charlie did tell me 2 marshmallows each, but Mr. Charlie (aka Joel) recommended extra marshmallows. So I went crazy there. And ummm, I was spastic and tried putting whole graham crackers on top.

  



Step 4: Final step. Add chocolate squares. Ha, I put big huge pieces because I thought they'd melt and cover the top but I was wrong! Chocolate always seems to melt all over everything in the car but somehow in the oven at 350 it didn't spread out. Weird.


Action shot: While baking @ 350 for 11 minutes.

Fresh from the oven.


 
Final product: Delicious! A true quick & easy recipe. Hahahaaa even though the center's collapsed under the weight of the toppings...they are still amazing! Now that I think about it, I could have should have crumbled the crackers and chocolate. But oh well. I was picturing an actual s'mores so the layered thing was what I was thinking. I would make them and serve them warm when having COMPANY--because I know they'd be a crowd pleaser. But, I'd also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Oh snap. That would be the ticket.

So, I guess this little recipe is going viral!  I got in from Charlie and she got it from Emily over at My Heart Shaped Life. And I think she got it from another fabulous blogger out there in our circle of friends!! WOOHOO!! Who will make this recipe next??

xoxo
Lulu

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not even craving desserts and that looks fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO going to make those! I also want to make the oreo cheesecake ones as well!

Jill said...

Holy cow, these sound fantastic!! I just bought myself a few extra hours at the gym!!!

Charbelle said...

LOL I saw Emily's post at my heart shaped life and went to the blogger where she got the reciper and Southern in the City, is the blog, and she was so incredibly sweet she emailed me the recipe!! I can't wait to try them!!

Unknown said...

Oh Man! These look SO Delicious!! My husband would LOVE these! Thanks for the recipe and review =)

Kathy - All XYs! said...

These are right up the boys' alley! And, they require exactly my level of baking "skill"!